Unfortunately this book is out of print. Amazon had one used one available. It is a great book.
Here is the Marbled Chocolate and Orange Loaf recipe.
You can also download the PDF.
50g/2oz plain dark chocolate
125g/4oz butter, softened
125g/4oz caster sugar
zest of one orange
2 medium eggs, beaten
125g/4oz self raising flour
2 tsp orange juice
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F or Gas Mark 4. Lightly oil a 450g loaf tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and leave to cool a bit. I microwaved the chocolate squares 1 min on medium and one min on medium high. Stirring the last lumps until they melt.
- Meanwhile, cream together the butter, sugar and orange zest until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour, add the orange juice and fold with a metal spoon or rubber spatula. Divide the mixture into two bowls. Gently fold the cocoa powder and chocolate into one of the bowls.
7. Dust the cake with icing sugar and then with cocoa powder. Cut into thick slices and serve. I made some icing using the left over orange juice.
My husband says this is the best cake I have ever made :)
I have to show you my Botanic Garden cups and spoons. They are my souvenir from Iron Bridge in England. The gift shop had all sorts of nice things. I would so love the whole dinner set.